We’re looking for a handful of volunteers to participate in a pheromone experiment as part of the upcoming New Narrative event on the theme of Love, Sex, and Relationships, on Saturday, July 21.
Here is how it works:
1. Find a plain black or white t-shirt – ideally one you already own, so as to avoid “new t-shirt smell.” Wear it to bed for the 3 nights immediately prior to the event on July 21. Or if sleeping in a t-shirt isn’t your style, spend a bunch of waking hours in it to get it juicy.
2. Put your smelly t-shirt in a large ziploc bag and bring it with you to the event.
3. Show up between 6-6:30pm to have your shirt numbered and anonymized.
4. From 6:30-7:30pm, attendees to the event will sniff the stinky shirts and write down the numbers of any shirts that make them weak in the knees.
5. After intermission we’ll do an informal poll by applause and ask the owners of each shirt to reveal themselves.
a. According to our sources, almost never does a shirt go completely unliked in these experiments, but we’d ask that all participants be a good sport and not see it as an indication of their self worth if they find their stinky shirt isn’t as alluring as somebody else’s.
b. DO NOT WEAR ANY TYPE OF SCENT WHEN YOU SLEEP IN YOUR SHIRT. No deodorant, cologne, perfume, scented moisturizer, etc. This is about your pheromones!
c. We’re not opposed to people participating anonymously, but we’d like to give preference to those that are comfortable revealing themselves, simply to make it more interactive. If you’d like to remain anonymous, feel free to sign up, but if we get enough people willing to be public we’re going to stick with them.