I'm getting to work on a new project which is going to be an informative speaker/salon series type event. Think TEDx but with a different thematic underpinning.
I'm currently in the process of looking for speakers. If you think you might have a story or know somebody who does I’d love to hear from you.
The show is going to be called 'The New Narrative'. The idea behind it is we live in a changing world. Many of the stories we have used to understand our previous world don’t relate to the world we’re living in anymore. What stories will we write for ourselves that will define our present and our future?
I'm planning the first event for sometime in May/June. The theme I have in mind is 'Community'
Some of the ideas I want to explore:
- What does community look like to us? What do we want it to look like?
- What do we want community to do and represent going forward?
- What are some historical or cultural perspectives on community?
- How do you build a community? How do you sustain it?
- What does it mean to be part of a community?
- Can a community be negative? How to effect positive vs negative communities.
- What is life like without a community? Being shunned from a community.
If you have ideas, let me know what you think and if you might be interested! I'd be happy to tell you more about it on the phone and we'll see if we have a good fit.